Structural subdivision of СEMCP project office «Implementation of price monitoring system for material and technical resources» is engaged in work on implementation of the industry system for monitoring and updating construction resources prices for construction facilities outside the Russian Federation, including enterprises of the industry, industry approved methodological approaches in 2018 (order of the State Corporation «Rosatom» dated 14.09.2018 N 1/1032-P «On approval of the Unified industry procedure for price monitoring of construction resources for facilities construction outside the Russian Federation», and order of the State Corporation «Rosatom» dated 06.09.2018 N 1/990-P «On approval of the Unified industry methodological instructive regulations for price monitoring of construction resources for facilities construction outside the Russian Federation»), and received general recognition by international experts.
Receiving information on the cost of construction resources on a regular basis to assess and control the cost of construction of the nuclear facilities, tracking price dynamics and forecasting.
- gathering information on changes in selling prices for construction materials
- regular provisioning of the construction resources base with the latest stock-lists and prices
- integration of the price monitoring system for construction resources into the process of cost and time management under the TCM NC program
- development of an open project recourse prices base for the participants of the investment and construction activities
- compliance of the system under development with the Russian legislation and international standards
Introduction of the industry system for monitoring and updating construction resources prices for construction facilities outside the Russian Federation is an important stage in the State Corporation «Rosatom», which under conditions of fierce competition in the construction of nuclear power plants abroad has received a tool for rapid response to changes in price parameters of the project in the conditions of market pricing for construction resources.
Integration of the price monitoring system into Rosatom's business processes for managing NPP construction projects abroad
The NPP construction project in Uzbekistan was selected as a pilot project to develop an industry monitoring system in terms of marketing research in 2019. In accordance with the approved scheme of the monitoring process, the private institution of the СEMCP ROSATOM with the participation of industry organizations and a consulting company conducted a marketing research of the construction market in the Republic of Uzbekistan / 3 countries, and prepared a report on the marketing research. The marketing research was conducted in the Republic of Uzbekistan and 4 countries that are potential suppliers of construction resources to the construction site: Kazakhstan, South Korea, Turkey, and China.
According to marketing researches the knowledge base of the Uzbekistan/3 countries building market was developed, which resulted in defining the real construction cost at Class 4 Estimate, on the basis of which the contract strategy, and the contract position of State Corporation «Rosatom» within the limits of negotiations with the Uzbek party are formed. The base for determining the supplies localization and the work scope has also been set, and will allow to develop the Uzbekistan NPP project at mixed prices, taking into account the cost-effectiveness and interests of the industry.
Moreover, a marketing research work was launched on the territory of the Republic of Egypt under the El-Dabaa NPP project.
- There has been developed and approved the El-Dabaa NPP project marketing research process scheme, which has established the roles of the project implementation participants, and has assigned tasks and persons in charge
- The technical design specification for conducting marketing research in Egypt has been written, and the subject of research has been defined
- The work with consulting companies on the construction product marketing research within Egypt has been arranged
- The СEMCP has arranged the work on collecting and processing data received from consulting companies, allowing for development and approval of the El-Dabaa NPP project with a minimum degree of uncertainty, and starting its implementation with minimal risks for the State Corporation «Rosatom»
In 2019, with the active participation of ASE (Rosatom State Corporation Engineering Division) subdivisions, which were included in the implementation of the monitoring system, the first construction resources price guidelines for use at Rooppur NPP were developed and approved. Resources price indices published in these guidelines have passed a multi-stage verification of accuracy, in accordance with the requirements of industry methodological documents on the construction resources price monitoring. The gained experience and competences of the participants involved in the development of these guidelines will allow us to replicate that experience with all other projects and increase the range of construction resources, released in the industry of reference book for prices to the volume necessary to achieve the strategic objective of the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom – defining the real construction cost on the basis of the resource method of defining the cost at all stages of the life cycle of a construction project, as one of the main advantages over competitors in the construction world market.
A unified space for price monitoring and updating processes
Alongside the task on the introduction of the industry system for monitoring and updating construction resources prices for construction facilities implemented outside the Russian Federation, at the industry enterprises the project office «Implementation of price monitoring system for material and technical resources» is actively get on with the vital task of creating the unified information space for the arrangement of the price monitoring and actualization processes – Development and introduction of the «Industry Information System for Monitoring and Updating Construction Resources Prices Abroad» (IIS MCRA).